With car-free roads, gentle slopes, mesmerising peaks and tons of snow, La Plagne Ski Resort is one of the best places to holiday with all your brood. Sitting in the Tarentaise Valley in France’s Northern Alps, La Plagne is a sure-fire hit for family fun. Modern and affordable high-altitude ski-in/ski-out chalets come with swimming pools, kids pools, spas and playrooms. Easy breezy excitement comes in the shape of village-style vibes, first-class ski schools, beginner’s ski zones and high-speed thrills. First time taking a look? Get clued up on why La Plagne is perfectly set up for the whole gang.
Plenty of expert lessons for little legs
Wide and perfectly groomed beginners ski slopes make La Plagne an amazing place for little legs strapping into boots for the first time.
- Plonk yourself close to the Beginner Zone in Plagne Centre if you’ve got toddlers, kids or teenagers who want to learn how to ski.
- Use La Plagne piste maps for a failsafe way to quickly pinpoint the best areas for gentle ski runs, magic carpet chair lifts, kids parks and the more intermediate blue pistes.
- Sign the kids up to one of La Plagne’s numerous expert ski schools and get access to some of the most passionate coaches in the French Alps. Taking kids from ages 3 – 17, La Plagne’s award-winning ski schools offer both group and private lessons.
High speed slopes for thrill-seeking teenagers
While long runs and gentle gradients are La Plagne’s biggest draw, there are also great options for teens who are already experienced skiers.
- Mums, dads and teenagers with experience under their belts can slip on their salopettes and head to the challenging off-piste terrain on the North Face of the Bellecôte.
- La Plagne is linked to Les Arcs which makes up the huge Paradiski area. It’s here you’ll find heart-pumping vertical descents, super steep red runs and terrifyingly taxing black runs.
- Prefer to cruise in style? The wide and long Levasset blue piste takes you on a fairy-tale powder-white adventure with stunning views over Champany Valley and Courchevel.
The ice is just as nice off the slopes
La Plagne is also a brilliant base camp for snow-filled family adventures off the slopes.
- Get your kicks by taking the daring descent down France’s only Olympic bobsleigh track. Jump on board for the race of your life in a thrilling 80kph four-person Bobcraft, a high speed 90kph single-seater Mono-Bob or a professional Taxi-Bob driven by a maestro racer.
- Prefer to take it slow in the snow? Bellecôte’s shimmering ice caves are home to a magical gallery of ice sculptures that make for a great after-lunch activity for everyone.
- Want to travel faster than you could imagine with the rush of open air on all sides? Experience the magic of huskies as they pull you through enchanting snow-covered forests on a dog sledge through La Plagne.
From ski schools to stirring thrills and sleepy villages to family-friendly restaurants, La Plagne has something for all the gang. With crèches and babysitters on hand in most hotels and chalets, parents can sneak away to the slopes. With kids in tow, you’ve got nursery slopes, the Beginner Zone and expert teams that will teach them the ropes. Off of the slopes, there are zip lines, spas, husky rides, ice climbing and ice skating to keep everyone from curious teens to high energy toddlers entertained.